Make Democracy Work!
The League of Women Voters of Oak Ridge, a nonpartisan political organization for men and women, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. The League neither supports nor opposes any candidate, party, or political appointee.
The League works to bring about constructive change by
- registering voters and defending voting rights.
- informing citizens about their rights and responsibilities.
- informing the public through our in-depth issue analyses.
- sponsoring candidate debates and public issue forums.
- taking action through lobbying for change.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members
LWVOR Newsletters Learn More
- Our newsletters and latest announcements
Environmental Education Grant Learn More
- What is the Environmental Education Grant? How can I find out more about it?
Observer Corps Learn More
- What is the Observer Corps? Where can I read Observer Corps reports?
Public Policy Positions Learn More
- What are the positions of the League?
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.